Thursday, August 20, 2009

Be Italian!

My friend Roxann has been begging for me to make Bruschetta for quite some time now and since it was her last week in town I decided to make it for her.

This was the first time I have ever attempted bruschetta but it seemed like an easy enough dish to make. I sliced and toasted french bread then grilled some veggies such as: zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms and artichokes and added them on top of the bread along with marinara and basil. Then threw it all back into the oven to get an even toaster creation. It came out delicious!!





Last night my brother and his friend came home from guitar center starving and demanding a "hearty meal." Since there was left over marinara sauce and tofu in the fridge I decided to whip together some Tofu Parmesan. I even added some sliced portobello on top. :) This is a simple and fast recipe. Enjoy!




Tofu Parmesan

Ingredients:
1 block of Extra Firm Tofu, Drained and Pressed, cut into 1/2 inch slabs
Italian style Bread
Crumbs

Canola Oil

1/2 cup Water

2 tbsp Cornstarch

Marinara Sauce


Directions:

Pour oil into frying pan, begin to heat on medium-high.

Mix water and cornstarch in a small bowl. In separate bowl pour breadcrumbs.

Take a tofu slice and dip both sides in the cornstarch water mix, then in the breadcrumbs.

Place in the pan, and fry until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes on each side.


**make sure to drain and press tofu, otherwise the water will stick to the pan**

1 comment:

  1. WOW (impressed look). Your dish looks so yummy.

    Here I bought a sauce pack for Sauce for Mapo Tofu so as to skip all the seasonings! and i will try this friday after work.
    http://yummiexpress.freetzi.com

    ReplyDelete