Monday, August 24, 2009

Reeses?

I was hoping to make some cookies for the night, but there was no flour in the house (and I had no intention of running to the grocery store) so, instead I decided to do with what I had in the pantry: peanut butter and chocolate. YUM! One thing I knew I would miss as a vegan was Reeses Cups, but I enjoy these so much more!




Peanut Butter Cups

1 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips (ghardelli semi-sweet works great)
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
cupcake liners


Microwave half of chocolate chips for about 2 minutes until stirred creamy.

Spread chocolate into cupcake liners for bottom layer so you fill the crevices as well. Put into freezer so the chocolate hardens.

In a bowl, mix 1 cup peanut butter and 1/4 tsp of salt and fold in 1/2 cup of sugar.

When chocolate has hardened, put peanut butter mix in microwave for 1 minute, let it cool a bit and then put as second layer over the chocolate.

Microwave the remaining chocolate chips and use as top layer over the peanut butter.

Place in freezer and eat once hardened!

No comments:

Post a Comment